Less and less is left to start with Women’s World Cup 2023 with the group stage taking place in Australia and New Zealand from July 20th to August 20th.
The two host teams are joined by five Asians (China, Japan, Philippines, South Korea and Vietnam), four Africans (Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa and Zambia) and four from Concacaf (Canada, Costa Rica, Jamaica and the United States). ., 3 South Americans (Argentina, Brazil and Colombia) and 11 Europeans (Denmark, England, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, the Republic of Ireland, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland) in addition to the 3 who qualified through playoffs and these are Haiti, Panama and Portugal)
Teams from the Philippines, Vietnam, Morocco, Zambia, Haiti, Panama and Portugal are making their debuts at a Women’s World Cup.
Top betting sites Women’s Soccer World Cup 2023
Groups of the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023
The groups of the Women’s World Cup are as follows:
- Group A: New Zealand, Norway, Philippines and Switzerland
- B group: Australia, Ireland, Nigeria and Canada
- Group C: SpainCosta Rica, Zambia and Japan
- Group D: England, Haiti, Denmark and China
- Group E: USA, Vietnam, Holland and Portugal
- Group F: France, Jamaica, Brazil and Panama
- Group G: Sweden, South Africa, Italy and Argentina
- Group H: Germany, Morocco, Colombia and South Korea
Favorite Teams of Each Group of Women’s World Cup 2023
We review the groups and comment on which team is the favorite in each of them and what real chances they have of winning the title.
- In Group A, the Norwegian team is the favouritea team with many flaws that, in principle, should not go far if they reach the playoffs.
- Group B favorites are the hosts, the Australian team That may be one of the revelations of this Women’s World Cup.
- The favorite from Group C is of course the Spanish teamwho competes with his most famous generation of players against the World Cup and could even end up on the podium.
- England are by far the favorites in Group D. They are basically the second best team in the World Cup behind the United States and it seems more than possible that they will improve on their third place in 2015, which is their best performance to date.
- The United States are by far the favorites in Group E, in addition to being the main contender for the title. He has already won 4 World Cups in 1991, 1999, 2015 and 2019 and has never stopped being on the podium.
- In Group F, the French team is the favourites, a team that has certain chances of reaching the semifinals, although reaching the final would be difficult. His best World Championship came in 2011 when he placed 4th.
- Sweden is the favorite in Group G, which is possibly the lowest level group but also the most balanced. Reaching the quarterfinals would be a surprise, so the second place they achieved in 2003 seems out of reach.
- In Group H, the German team is the favouritewhich already won the title in the 2003 and 2007 editions and came second in 1995. It’s in the group of teams that are a notch below the United States but naturally aim for a medal.
Rivals of Spain at the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup
Spain will face Costa Rica on July 21, Zambia on July 26 and Japan on July 31 in the group stage. Basically we’re going from less to more so Costa Rica would be the most affordable rival, Zambia shouldn’t be a big problem and Japan continue to be the team that can bring the most war to Jorge Vilda’s girls.
- Costa Rica will participate in a World Cup for the second time to Canada in 2015 when they were eliminated in the group stage with 2 draws and 1 loss. It’s a team that has never competed in the Olympics. She has been more present at the Pan American Games, where she was a semifinalist in Lima 2019, and at the Concacaf Championship, where she reached the final in 2014.
- Zambia is among the newcomers to this Women’s World Cupalthough he attended the 2021 Tokyo Olympics where he did not progress past the 1st phase.
- Japan is Spain’s most experienced rival at this Women’s World Cup. It has been to all the World Championships and achieved fame in 2011 when it was named World Champion. At the following World Cup in Canada 2015, they were also in the final, but lost it.
They won the silver medal at the 2012 Olympic Games in London.